Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer Review & Swatches

Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Gold and silver nail colors have always been my favorite. They look absolutely stunning with all ethnic and western outfits. While browsing online, I came across Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer and I instantly ordered it. It is priced at 200 INR and you can buy online HERE.
Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Swatches of Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Swatches of Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Swatches of Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
"Gold Shimmer" is a pale gold color with slightly dull metallic finish. I was really disappointed by the shade as soon as I opened my package. It was looking beautiful gold color online but when it arrived it was a dull shade. Dull and light shades make my hands look dull and dark!

Though “one stroke” was written on the bottle but it takes at least 2-3 coats to get true color. There are fine golden shimmers that glisten when the light falls! The nail polish stays put on my nails for a good 3-4 days with a top coat. Make sure you remove it with a good nail polish remover else it will leave a lot of shimmers behind! I did a nail art using this nail polish HERE.

PROS:
• Good consistency.
• Applies easily without streaking. The bristles are soft and very easy to use!
• Metallic finish.
• Dries up quickly.
• Good staying power.
• Reasonably priced.
• Looks great on very fair skin tone.
• Elegant packaging.
• Wide range of shades available.

CONS:
• The shade is dull (though it is personal choice!).
• Needs at least 2-3 coats to get the actual color.

Overall Thoughts:
There are rare chances that I dislike my purchases but this is one purchase that disappointed me. I must have checked the swatches online before ordering it. If you love dull and light shades or have fair hands then I would definitely recommend it to you.

Rating: 3.5/5

My Tips:
• Apply a top coat to make the nail polish last long.
• Store in a cool, dry place.
• DO NOT apply nail polish under a fan!

Do you like this shade? What is your favorite gold color?

Stay pretty!
Megha 

No comments:

Post a Comment