Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer Review & Swatches

Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Gold and silver nail colors have always been my favorite. They look absolutely stunning with all ethnic and western outfits. While browsing online, I came across Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer and I instantly ordered it. It is priced at 200 INR and you can buy online HERE.
Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Swatches of Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Swatches of Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
Swatches of Lakme Absolute Fast & Fabulous Nail Polish in Gold Shimmer
"Gold Shimmer" is a pale gold color with slightly dull metallic finish. I was really disappointed by the shade as soon as I opened my package. It was looking beautiful gold color online but when it arrived it was a dull shade. Dull and light shades make my hands look dull and dark!

Though “one stroke” was written on the bottle but it takes at least 2-3 coats to get true color. There are fine golden shimmers that glisten when the light falls! The nail polish stays put on my nails for a good 3-4 days with a top coat. Make sure you remove it with a good nail polish remover else it will leave a lot of shimmers behind! I did a nail art using this nail polish HERE.

PROS:
Good consistency.
Applies easily without streaking. The bristles are soft and very easy to use!
Metallic finish.
Dries up quickly.
Good staying power.
Reasonably priced.
Looks great on very fair skin tone.
Elegant packaging.
Wide range of shades available.

CONS:
The shade is dull (though it is personal choice!).
Needs at least 2-3 coats to get the actual color.

Overall Thoughts:
There are rare chances that I dislike my purchases but this is one purchase that disappointed me. I must have checked the swatches online before ordering it. If you love dull and light shades or have fair hands then I would definitely recommend it to you.

Rating: 3.5/5

My Tips:
Apply a top coat to make the nail polish last long.
Store in a cool, dry place.
DO NOT apply nail polish under a fan!

Do you like this shade? What is your favorite gold color?

Stay pretty!
Megha 

No comments:

Post a Comment